Is anyone else feeling drained from all that has happened over the last month? Social distancing, avoid the elderly and no hugging?! These are jarring limitations – especially in a time when people need connection and compassion more than ever. Understanding that it’s for everyone’s safety, I still wonder, how can we thrive like this?
We are all being called to be mindful in these times. Anxiety and uncertainty are all around us and it’s important to check inside and see how you feel. Schools and offices are closing, families are uniting while friends become distant. Travel plans are being cancelled, businesses closing and others are even laying off employees. The logistics and economic impact are all over the news but compassion, mindfulness and connection are being left out of the conversation.
So how do we stay mindful in times like these? We center our awareness in the present. Mindfulness is built for difficult times and being grounded is the only way to bring stability to a journey that brings something unexpected at every turn.
When you feel that fight or flight response kick in after watching a 24-hour news cycle, take a second to check-in. Remember to pay attention to judgments that come from fear. It’s normal to be afraid. Our brains need to interpret signs and feelings of danger so we can survive. But we can’t survive alone. We are all connected and more the same than we are different. Care for yourself as well as others.
- Be mindful of how we speak to children.
- Be mindful of how we shop – remembering that everyone has similar needs.
- Be mindful that like many things that have come before it, this too shall pass.
As you stand in the present and take the necessary precautions to protect you and your family, there are still things we can do to stay connected and calm our fears.
- Connect with your loved one via Skype, FaceTime or Google. See each other!
- Share smiles with your community as you run errands. There is power in positivity.
- Recognize your triggers & release the emotional attachment. It’s important to stay informed but if watching the news all day and discussing with your friends is giving you anxiety, it’s important to honor that, and respect what your body is telling you. Sometimes we just need a break.
- Eat and drink warm, healthy foods/liquids.
- Wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds. Sing the Happy Birthday song if you don’t want to count!
- Give yourself a CBD hug. We are thrilled to be able to offer you CBD essentials delivered right to your doorstep (for all orders placed online at www.frannysfarmacy.com) as we all transition to a homebound reality. Your mental and physical health is more important than ever and CBD has been proven to be a great tool. Whether it’s preventative or for treatment our line or edibles, topicals and hemp flowers can bring much-needed relief over the months to come.
Lastly, we’ve made a “Stay-At-Home-Getaway” Franny Pack for you to pamper yourself and send some to your loved ones while everyone is taking time to focus on themselves. Not to mention, enjoy free shipping with orders over $75!
Remember to be mindful and stay hopeful!
All my LOVE,